This National Historic Place was constructed in 1906, and played an important role in the development of Carson Valley. Its original owner was instrumental bringing the railroads to Carson Valley, and helped spur the growth of electric power to the area. By the 1920s, the mill had become one of the largest in the state, processing 100 barrels of flour a day as well as chicken and cattle feed. It shuttered its doors in the 1960s and changed ownership several times until being purchased by the Bently family. It now functions as the public house and distillery for the estate, where we distill single malt whisky.